Captain’s Status – Getting Ready for Another 50 Days in Thailand
Last year I spent roughly 90 days in Southeast Asia traveling around Thailand and Cambodia. This year I’ll be going back to Thailand for another 50 days. While I’m there I’ll be spending most of time in Buriram. My goal for this trip will be to photograph the locals and their culture. From my first experience in Buriram, there was no lack of either one. The HDR Photo above is a panoramic taken in Buriram, it’s one of the Cambodian temples built in Thailand.
Upcoming Shoots Before My Thailand Trip
Here’s a list of a few places and things I’ld like to shoot before going off on my trip to Thailand.
- Lake Okeechobee – A couple of friends and I are driving around the lake to look for places and things to shoot, it’ll be an all day photo excursion, should be fun.
- Everglades at Winter – This is a project I’m working on that will be series of photos from Florida’s wetlands during winter. Photos will be non HDR with minimal processing. For someone like me it’s a challenge and good practice in using the camera to produce quality photos instead of relying on software.
- Downtown WPB at Sunset – I’m not much for shooting architecture but when it comes to cityscapes that’s a different story.
- Fullmoon Wednesday – There’s a fullmoon coming this Wednesday most likely I’ll be shooting the Jupiter Lighthouse from Sawfish Bay Park where the moon should rise perfectly to the right of the Lighthouse over the A1A Bridge.
- HDR Portraits – I plan on shooting a bunch of HDR portraits so I can start working on my next HDR book, which focuses on HDRing people.
- Sunset at Sarasota – As part of my Florida Coastal Tour I plan on driving over to Sarasota for a sunset shoot.
- Miami Metro Zoo – Can you believe I lived in Florida for over 20 years and still have yet to visit the Metro Zoo.
Well that’s pretty much it. Any locals interested in shooting with me just send me an email.
New Captain Kimo Photoshop Action Coming Soon
My new Captain Kimo Action is ready to go, I just need to create a short manual on how to install and use the action. This action will also be available to Photoshop Elements user which is a little more basic but works well. Captain Kimo’s action will only work if you have Topaz Photoshop Bundle.
I’ve decided to make the action available for $5usd. However if you purchase Secrets to Mastering HDR, you’ll get it as part of the package. For those who already bought my ebook, you’ll get an email with a free download link.
Free Photography Software for Locating
Sunrise, Sunset, Moonrise and Moonset Positions
Most of you probably know about this program, it’s called The Photographer’s Ephemeris. I live in a cave so I only know about things when people tell me about them. Thanks to Fred for sharing this with me. This is a great program for photographers needing to know exactly where the position of the sun and moon will be during rising and setting. This is going to save me a lot of time and frustration. Software available for PC, MAC and Linux users. The first test of this software will be on Wednesday’s full moonrise.
Captain’s favorite HDR Photos from December.
“Wishing Everyone a Great 2011!”
Not on Captain Kimo’s newsletter list? What’s wrong with you… hurry up and subscribe before you miss something cool…
click here to subscribe.